Black Rose Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Rose Society guild. Age of Conan (Hyrkania EU Server)

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Application...Set help us all...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sithessa

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-19

Application...Set help us all... Empty
PostSubject: Application...Set help us all...   Application...Set help us all... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 am

Hello there!

I wonder if you might be the people I'm looking for? Hmmm...how about if I relate my sad and sorry tale in it's entireity here. If you bother to read all the way to the end of it, then I guess I'll know you are...maybe *grins*

Here goes...

I've been playing WoW on and off for five years now, but with more than one "I can't stand this shit anymore!" crisis-moments, when I vow to quit WoW forever and go play something else instead. Usually during such a time I turn to another MMO, as traditional singer-player games seem a bit...pointless to me now.
The particular WoW-crisis I'm in now seems to be the mother-of-all-crises, however, as I really can't imagine going back to WoW right now. Even the offer of a skimpy Christmas outfit for my Blood Elf has not tempted me! Can you imagine? Shocked

I've therefore visited or re-visited every MMO I've ever had fortune or mis-fortune to play, in the last few weeks. I've spent more £8.99's this month than I'd ever want to - not what you need with Christmas coming up, and I'll be in deep shit if my wife finds out!

So far I've tried Aion (man, that game is HARD WORK! Never again will I use the word 'grind' in any other MMO!), Warhammer (great for the first 10 levels or so, and then the ONLY thing to do is large scale PvP, which is not my cup of tea), LOTRO (kinda OK, but a bit dull - I played a healer, but kept having to stop to play the lute mid-fight. Most strange), and Guild Wars (I think I made it to level 2 before I lost interest).

And then I made my way back to Conan...

I used to really like Conan back in the day. I did, honestly! Despite the fact that it used to crash often, that the servers were always down, and that large parts of the game looked as though they hadn't actually been written yet...
It was the graphics, I think - I could put up with it all for the graphics - they were to die for...*sigh*

I finally gave it up 'cos I had no mates - none of my real or 'virtual' friends would touch Conan 'cos of all the bad things they'd heard about it, so I went back to WoW and my guild there (a guild which has sadly pretty much faded away now...) and forgot all about Conan...

...until now! A good year after I last played it, I'm back!

...and I find myself on a RP server but I've no idea about the lore, and with two low-mid level characters but I've no idea how to play them!

So you see the problem...

I have a level 20 Priest of Mitra, and a level 39 Tempest of Set.
I've been concentrating on the ToS, cos shes' the highest level an' all *grins*, but I'm hopeless! I keep getting my ass handed to me by same-level mobs! Crying or Very sad

I've sort of worked out that I'm not a melee fighter - although I did persist with that for some time, as I found myself with a shield equipped, so it seemed to made sense, until it became obvious that I wasn't winning a single fight.
I then decided that I must be a caster, so I've switched to a staff, and these days spam lightning at mobs, and occasionally try and root them into place with the Cobra thing.
This works a little bit - only a little! - better one-on-one, but if two mobs turn up I'm doomed.

The game though seems a lot more stable and polished though than I remember, and the graphics are still fantastic, so I'm keen to try and stick with it this time rather than move on again...partly because I haven't really got many more MMO's left to try...and I'm all out of £8.99's now!

So this is where you guys come in...if you're still reading! I need some, er, help. Please.
Please...?

= = =

What else might you want to know? RL stuff?

My name's Mike, I'm 41 (yes, really!), married with two kids, and live in Leeds, UK. I like Rock and Metal music, support Sunderland football club, and work as a Production Planner in a firm that makes Pot Noodles and Cup Soup. Exciting, huh?

Although I'm a bloke, every character I make in every MMO I play is a girl. This could mean that I'm secretly gay, although I don't think that's the case (My wife would know - I'll ask her).
It's probably got more to do with gross perversion.
If I'm going to spend several hours a day staring at a character on a computer screen I'd rather that character looked, er, 'nice', yeah? That makes sense, doesn't it? You DO understand, right? Right...?

*clears throat* Anyway, moving on...

Actually, there's probably not that much more to say after that! If you haven't falled asleep or died of old age whilst reading through this, and if you think I'm even remotely suitable for your guild, than do please give me shout.

My ToS' name is Sithessa, and she's currently wandering around the Field of the Dead wondering if she wouldn't in fact be better off in some other zone where the mobs are at least five levels lower! Not that I have the first idea how to travel between zones, mind...

Oops! There I go again....

Cheers,
Mike! Smile
Back to top Go down
Reknak

Reknak

Male
Number of posts : 193
Alts : Dardallo (PoM), Nakir (Demo), Dakeyas (Sin), Tenakakhan (BS), Annwn (Conq), Rhuagh (Rang)
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Level: 80
Class: Guardian

PostSubject: Re: Application...Set help us all...   Application...Set help us all... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:25 am

Nice to meet you Very Happy

Send someone a tell in game & we can talk Wink

Reknak
Back to top Go down
Sithessa

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Application...Set help us all...   Application...Set help us all... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:00 am

Reknak! Hello, and thanks for the invite!

Unfortunately, immediately following said invite, I got kicked off the server and now can't get back on! I keep getting a "failed to authenticate with the characyer server" error.
A somewhat dramatic introduction to guild life! Smile

I have another, permanent trial account, and I can connect just fine with that one, same server and everything.
Most strange.

Erm, see you soon...I hope!
Back to top Go down
Calimehtar

Calimehtar

Male
Number of posts : 339
Alts : Osiries NECRO, Iulius CONQ, Ramesses TOS, Scorpionis HOX
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Character sheet
Level: 80
Class: Demonologist

PostSubject: Re: Application...Set help us all...   Application...Set help us all... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:31 am

Hello, and welcome to the game again. I read all the story, and well... nice path. Everyone will judge the game on his own measures, the only thing i can say to you is try it hard and see how it goes Wink

And yes, with the ToS be prepared to have you ass handed to you, at low levels hehe. But you will find your way.

Calì
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application...Set help us all...   Application...Set help us all... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application...Set help us all...
Page 1 of 1