Black Rose Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Black Rose Society guild. Age of Conan (Hyrkania EU Server)

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Thaedis

Thaedis

Male
Number of posts : 334
Alts : Tohtep, Bernat, Perth, Pherina, Dakarai, Kerad, Kehtep, Servetius, Huei (new signing)
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Character sheet
Level: 80
Class: Conqueror

From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts Empty
PostSubject: From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts   From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:45 am

I know you, Black Roses, are very smart people, but i thought this was important.

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?p=1519280#post1519280

Thae

PS: My password is not 1234 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Axtios

Axtios

Male
Number of posts : 126
Alts : Pompel (Barbarian)
Nuweena (Herald Of Xolti)
Jiazhin (Ranger)
Minthar (Necromancer)
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Character sheet
Class: Assassin

PostSubject: Re: From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts   From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:58 am

Me smart??? Hmmmm....ehmmmm.....

Thank you??

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thaedis

Thaedis

Male
Number of posts : 334
Alts : Tohtep, Bernat, Perth, Pherina, Dakarai, Kerad, Kehtep, Servetius, Huei (new signing)
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Character sheet
Class: Conqueror

PostSubject: Re: From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts   From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Ah, right.....OK...(EDIT) I know you, Black Roses (except for Ax.... Very Happy

Nah I'm kidding, if you are in this guild you must have something hehehe
Back to top Go down
Daemonica

Female
Number of posts : 539
Alts : Indie (ToS) , Urumethe (DT), Lauathea (Demo), Arutha (Sin),Bogarithe (Hox), Thorath (Necro)
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Character sheet
Class: Dark Templar

PostSubject: Re: From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts   From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks Thae, though I can never understand how someone can give someone hi password...

Dae
Back to top Go down
Nimue
Admin
Nimue

Female
Number of posts : 61
Alts : Gamina - Pom
Khamaat - Hox
Naya - Guard
Eyla - BS
Murray - Necro
Suyuri - DT
Samina - Demo
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Character sheet
Class: Ranger

PostSubject: Re: From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts   From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:41 am

Phishing is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messaging, and it often directs users to enter details at a fake website whose look and feel are almost identical to the legitimate one. Even when using server authentication, it may require tremendous skill to detect that the website is fake.

It is somewhat logical enough not to give your password to someone that ask for it, at least if you are not new to the online universe. But if you receive an email that looks like it is from Funcom stating that for one reason or another you need to change your password, or log into your account to get a free offer, and a link to a fake website that is identical to the real one, it is not always as easy. Especially since the address line can be manipulated to show something that looks very real. The way I usually do it is to never type in passwords in sites from email links, and only in links i type in myself, so I know it is the right one.
Back to top Go down
Reknak

Reknak

Male
Number of posts : 193
Alts : Dardallo (PoM), Nakir (Demo), Dakeyas (Sin), Tenakakhan (BS), Annwn (Conq), Rhuagh (Rang)
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Character sheet
Class: Guardian

PostSubject: Re: From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts   From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:39 am

Yes, thanks Thae, its good to be careful with that sort of stuff.

Of course, being the nice guy that I am, I would be happy to look after everyone's account details and online passwords for them..... just pm me Wink

Rek

PS Thats a joke, dont send me anything I might actually physically crack under the weight of responsibility What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts   From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From the Official Forums: WARNING: Fraud and phishing attempts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Rose Society :: Tavern (Members and Friends) :: The Town Crier-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com